- A copy of existing work will be disqualified
- Entrants' work that have been submitted or will be submitted to any other competition will NOT be accepted
- Entrants who are selected to enter the second round must declare clearly that the works are not involved in any kind of competition and have not been launched in the market
- Entrants must abide by the terms and conditions set by the Organizers
- The Organizers reserve the right to change the rules of the Competition
- The Organizers reserve the right to use Entrants' Submissions and photos for marketing purposes
Announcement of Results
- Results of the first round will be announced in March 2016 and the results of the final round will be announced May 2016.
- All finalists will be invited to the Canada-Wide Science Festival and the CWSF Award Ceremony to be held in May 2016. Details of the results will be posted on the official website.
Collection of Entries
Design drawings, operational illustrations, photos and the related documentation will not be returned.
Design and IP Right Registration
- A design selected by a sponsor for commercial purpose is subject to mutual discussion and agreement with copyright owner.
- Each Entrant agrees that he/she is authorized to and hereby grants the Organizers all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any submission, and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by each Entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Competition, except where prohibited by law. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture or partnership relationship between any Entrant and the Organizers.
- Each Entrant or related party hereby agrees not to initiate, instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Organizers, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of Entrants' rights as creator of the Submission.
- Submission constitutes any Entrants' certification that the Submission is the Entrants' original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. In this connection, the entrant should consider to register the patent right for his/her submission in advance at his/her discretion and expense. The Organizers will not consider any submission that infringes on an existing patent or product.
- Every Entrant should note that the Submission may be publicly disclosed. If deemed necessary or appropriate, the entrant should file a patent application before submission. Nevertheless, subject to institutional policy, every Entrant shall be solely responsible for the pursuit of any form of intellectual property protection for the Submission. The Organizers are not liable for infringement or abuse of any design as the result of entry into the competition or as a result of any subsequent promotion and publicity.
- The Organizers will not participate in negotiations between award winners and the sponsors, and are not in any way involved with contractual arrangements between such parties (including without limitation in respect of intellectual property rights ownership or licensing or the payment of rewards or royalties). Award winners acknowledge that it is their responsibility to make sure pre-existing intellectual property obligations or liabilities to his/her own institution in relation to the Submission (if there is any) are duly clarified before entering into contractual arrangements with the sponsor.
- In the event of any disputes, the Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entry and/or retract any award from the entrant. All decisions made by the Organizers are final and binding in all aspects relating to the Competition.
Liability for Loss, Damage, Injury or Accident
The Organizers and Organizing Committee of the Competition shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses accident howsoever inflicted by any person arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with the participation of this Competition. The application and the team, if any, shall be wholly responsible for all design activities.